Have a healthy breakfast, Ham is not on the menu.
MCRC board meeting.
All club members are welcome to attend.
SKYWARN TRAINING provided by the National Weather Service Forecast Office Detroit/Pontiac, MI
NWS Detroit/Pontiac DTX Spotter Page
Items to bring with you:
Although not mandatory, we strongly recommend you pre-register for your FRN number at: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls to avoid using your Social Security number on the NCVEC QUICK-FORM 605.
Topic: Fox Hunt Demo - Stan K8SB
Low key event for the MI QSO Party. Members invited to participate, especially those without an HF radio at home. Noon to 6pm? No registration required. No food provided.
Sign up for MI QSO party
The Motor City Radio Club will once again be providing communications for the Metro Grand Spring Tour sponsored by the Downriver Cycling Club
Free MGST T-Shirt provided.
The event will run to around 4pm.
Topic: Cyber Security - Jim KD8HFX
Responsibilities of the Fox. The Fox Must:
1. Be an MCRC member, or hide with the MCRC member who gets club license.
2. Use common sense to avoid placing anyone at risk.
3. Locate within a 20 mile radius of the Wyandotte Repeater for day hunts.
4. Locate on public property or in a place accessible to the general public during hunt. Make sure teams are able to arrive at Fox’s Hideout without violating Hunter’s responsibility Rule no. 7.
5. Locate where no admission charge or payment of any kind is necessary in order to access the Fox's Hideout.
6. Get permission from owners of property or local officials.
7. Notify police of your intention to locate Fox's Hideout in their jurisdiction.
8. Transmit on input frequency of the Wyandotte Repeater, 147.840 MHz.
9. Transmit one minute on; one minute off.
10. Monitor the Wyandotte Repeater for emergency or other traffic between transmissions.
11. Determine that transmissions constantly hold the Wyandotte Repeater. The power level and antenna pattern of Fox's signal may be varied as long as they remain uninterrupted on repeater output.
12. See to it that the Fox's signals are transmitted from within the same 100 foot diameter circle.
13. Observe Fox Hunt Time Limits: 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
14. Arrange for distribution at starting point of envelopes with maps to Fox's Hideout enclosed.
15. Obtain W8MRM License from MCRC Trustee and the permission to use club call during the hunt.
16. Record arrival time as soon as hunter finds the fox. Record odometer mileage of successful hunters specified location and notes their arrival position. Then send them to a prearranged location, so as to not give away the fox's location.
Topic: Field Day Prep
Field Day Chair: Rick Hardy KE8BPZ
Co-Chair: Bruce Menning AC8KD
Field Day Setup Begins at Noon with Lunch at:
2691 Fort St.
Trenton, MI. 48183
With equipment setup beginning at 2:00 PM.
Please arrive at 10:00 am. Testing will begin after paperwork is completed and we should be finished by 12 Noon.
To find out how to obtain an official FCC license copy, click on the link below:
Obtain License Copy 2015.pdf
Contact: Woody Kirkman - VE Liaison
This registration form is for Steaks and T-Shirts only. Use the link in the club news for selecting operating and logging times.
There are still many volunteer opportunities available for field day.
Topic: QRP 40 meters demo
MCRC Picnic Elizabeth Park Saturday - 13:00 Hrs. -
Look for the antennas.
****For the picnic bring a dish to pass****
**** plus your main dish****
Topic: Officer Nominations
Objective: For stations in the United States and Canada (including territories and possessions) to exchange QSO information with as many other US and Canadian stations as possible on 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meter bands.
Event runs from 2100 UTC Saturday, Nov. 2nd. thru 0259 UTC Monday, Nov. 4th.
Event runs from 2100 UTC Saturday, Nov. 16th. thru 0259 UTC Monday, Nov. 18th.
Topic: Christmas Celebration - Pot Luck